Just dropping in to post that Global Agenda will be going free to play with the patch 1.4 (coming out mid-April). GA is one of the games that I found amazing to watch, but I never tried it despite it having a trial offer. When it does go F2P I will need to take some time and have a look at it (add it do the pile of stuff that I have on my plate!). Players who fancy getting an edge or supporting the developers will still be able to buy the game and earn Elite status. The differences between a standard player and an Elite player will be as follows:
- No Level Restriction
- Ability to earn all of the game’s current items without spending real money.
- Access to all of the game’s current playable content, including:
- Sonoran Desert Open Zone
- Special Ops PvE (1- to 4-person Co-Op)
- 10v10 Mercenary PvP
- 4v4 Arena PvP
- Double Agent PvPE
- 10-person Defense Raids (including the new Dome Defense Mission coming in version 1.4).
- Agency vs Agency Gameplay (AvA)
Elite Agent – One-time purchase of $19.99 (£13.99 GBP, €15.99 EUR)
- Earn End-of-Mission XP at twice the rate of a Free-to-Play user
- Earn End-of-Mission Credits and Tokens at twice the rate of a Free-Play user
- Earn End-of-Mission Elite Loot upon winning an instanced PvE or PvP match
- Choose which PvP game types you would like to play when queuing for Mercenary PvP.
- Access the Auction House
- Access In-Game Mail
- Less restrictive chat capabilities
- No ads for in-game voice
- Ability to create Agencies
- Higher Login priority
Hm, it does read as somewhat fishy. Hopefully the “Ability to earn all of the game’s current items without spending real money.” line will turn out to not have any hidden snags. We’ll see.
In the mean time, here’s some gameplay to whet your appetite:
The video below is from Gothofury who had some excellent WAR videos aswell.